Friday, March 25, 2011

Why Kids Laugh at Magic Shows

My name is Louis the magician, and I perform at The Magic Party Place in Vienna, Virginia. The answer to what makes kids laugh, is actually very extensive. It has taken me 10 years of experience to figure this out. I started out as a children's photographer over 15 years ago. And during this time it was my job to learn how to make a child smile. In that time I learned that what kids like to see depends on the age but mostly its silly stuff. If you take 4 to 6 year old child they are going to want to watch the silly magic trick. You can do something very magical that takes a lot of great technique but it doesn't seem to work for children of that age. Then, as they get older, the more magic the better and it seems to work. So, with trial and error, when I perform for them at my party location in Vienna, Virginia I have learned what kids like to see.

Birthday Parties are a great time to try out my new magic tricks. Because the children are going to be entertained either way but what I've been able to do is figure out what magic tricks work and what magic tricks do not work. There's a lot of magic out there that tends to be scary for children. I completely stay away from this type of magic.

So in summary, what makes kids laugh? When anything bad happens to the entertainer, when children see what the magician doesn’t see, and when the entertainer has “clown-like” techniques. My party place is conveniently located in the heart of Vienna, VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment